Today's smart security installations are getting increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to neglect to do simple security tasks like activating your a home security system, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
What if you no longer needed to remember doing these tasks in the future? When utilizing geofencing in Sacramento, you can simply leave the house and have your security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Sacramento For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary a set distance from your house, which you may arrange in your smartphone app. This convenient tool then utilizes your mobile device to see when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components take advantage of to share information with other connected equipment. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by grouping all devices onto one, unified network. You can set up a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your home and assign what actions you want to take place if you move beyond the prearranged border line.
For example, as soon as you pull away from your driveway, you can program your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to alert your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even change your your home’s comfort levels.
These are a handful of the devices you may control with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your home’s security system in Sacramento. With the mobile app, you are able to reap the benefits of automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you can:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart devices to operate at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to turn down to tell you that it's time for bed, or disarm your security alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make certain components engage based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to turn on the fan when the CO detector trips. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your doorbell camera detects strange movements around your property.
● Customize scenes: Design scenes featuring various devices that operate in harmony together. Make your smart bulbs switch off, the temperature go down, and the smart locks bolt at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with the right light and thermostat levels.
● Geofence your security: It's easy to forget to set the security system as you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your smartphone, you'll never forget to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Sacramento
Whether you desire additional certainty of a fully secured property whenever you leave or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (916) 407-0556 or send in the form on this page to begin customizing your perfect security system.