Home security cameras can solely be placed as a hindrance—something that informs burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Fortunately, the latest security cameras come equipped with a number of features all designed to provide all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording options or infrared night vision and fast action motion sensors, these tools help you to utilize the most from video surveillance in Sacramento.
How To Set Up Your Sacramento Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to optimizing your video surveillance is placing them in the proper areas around your home. Interior security cameras should be placed in common rooms like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a good idea to install a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to enter through to access the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras work best to offer you a clear view of your front door, front walk, and yards, shed, and other outdoor isolated buildings, like sheds. Then see a view of your front porch with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your house that aren’t quite as imperative to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, setting a camera in the bedroom may hinder your privacy. You can always add window or motion detectors if you desire some type of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Video Surveillance
Component layout is only the first step in getting the most out of home security cameras in Sacramento. The features described below help to maximize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: See automatic notifications on your phone anytime strange movement is detected. You can also program cameras to automatically start capturing footage when motions are discovered which will increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your home security cameras to film and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of modern security cameras feature a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually speak to anyone through the camera. Via ADT Control, you can act like you’re home or greet your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, gives you a more exhaustive look at an area. Check for cameras that have a minimum of 120-degree angle lens or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your home security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that will pick up clips of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the freedom to guard single locations within your house.. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to notify you of activity occurring on your yard or your patio and disregard cars passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to watch live camera feeds, direct cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date texts when the detect unusual motion around your house.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Pulling the most out of your security cameras in Sacramento is more simple. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security system rises from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (916) 407-0556 or fill out the form below to get started customizing your home security system today.